Is it possible for a person or business to create and maintain a profitable presence in the online space? The first step should be creating a nice website and then getting a reliable provider to host it. This IONOS hosting review will make you realize that finding a good web hosting provider isn’t as difficult as we tend to think.
Before anything else, it is vitally important to note that finding the right web hosting provider is imperative to how your visitors or customers feel about your brand. With IONOS hosting, your website is less likely to suffer a downtime.
Thankfully, HostDime will offer you high-quality hosting at very affordable prices. Let’s see what it has to offer.
Also, you get fast loading speed, better security, frequent backups, and crucial tools that can help grow your business.
How about their prices? Well, as you will come to learn, IONOS is a better option for you no matter your budget. For instance, their cheapest hosting plan in the web hosting category costs $4 per month and renews at $6 per month.
IONOS HOSTING OVERVIEW
IONOS was founded in 1988 as 1 & 1. The main focus of the company was on delivering reliable digital products that would make it easy for people to create and maintain fruitful web presence.
Yes, you guessed it right – IONOS has been in the web hosting business for slightly over 30 years. This makes it one of the oldest hosting services we have around. If you follow the history of web hosting keenly, you will realize that some of the company’s peers are out of business.
That brings us to the question: What makes IONOS hosting stand out from the crowd?
First off, IONOS appeals to beginners and small-scale businesses with low budgets. Secondly, the company offers feature-packed hosting solutions at relatively affordable prices. You now know why the company remains the largest (and the best) web host in Europe.
Now, we are going to dive deep into what IONOS offers. We will explore its hosting plans, features, pros, and cons, and anything in between. Read on.
SPEED: 617 ms (January 2020 to June 2020 average)
UPTIME: 100% (January 2020 to June 2020 average)
SUPPORT: Knowledge base and 24/7 live chat
APPS: WordPress, phpBB, WebApps, PrestaShop, Drupal, TYPO3, Joomla, and several others CMSs and e-commerce systems
1. Affordable pricing IONOS hosting is without a doubt a relatively cheap hosting option. Typically, they offer low introductory rates that increase at renewal. Even after renewal, their rates still remain affordable. The most basic hosting plan costs $4 a month.
If you can recall, we mentioned something to do with IONOS offering feature-rich plans at very cheap rates, right?
The next tier after the Essential plan is known as Business plan. This one costs $1 per month and renews at $10 per month. Even after that slight increase in the pricing, you can see that IONOS is still on the budget end.
2. Expert tech support The first thing you will notice when signing up with IONOS is its responsive (and informed) customer care.
You will agree that a useful customer support is the most valuable asset any business can have, right?
Whether you want to make a living off your website or not, you need to have the site to be live all though. But then, we understand that problems can come knocking any time. When that happens, you need to be sure that your web hosting provider will come through and help you out.
IONOS does actually help its customers in case they encounter problems with their hosting plans. If you opt for the live chat approach, you will just need to shed more light on your issue and you will be paired with a customer care representative almost immediately.
The company also has a knowledge base with a range of articles with solutions to different problems.
3. Excellent uptime You will definitely hate IONOS for lying about their uptime. According to their website, they offer 99.99% uptime guarantee. On the other hand, no user has reported an uptime less than 100%. As you can see, IONOS promises an uptime of 99.99% but offers 100%! That is IONOS for you.
4. Fast loading speed Would you stick around a site or page that takes centuries to display results? There is likelihood that you will opt out of that site to go try another one, true?
On average, most sites hosted on IONOS take 617 milliseconds to load, which is an impressive score.
5. Beginner-friendly user interface We all know that most web hosts use the conventional cPanel. However, this is not the case with IONOS.
They have their in-house cPanel that makes it easy for users to navigate and explore different elements.
While it may take time for you to get used to the custom cPanel, it’s still worth it.
5. High-grade security Security is one of the most critical aspects of any web host. You will appreciate that besides cheap pricing and stellar site performance, IONOS excels at security, too.
Talk of free SSL certificates and DDoS protection, and all that – IONOS leads as others follow.
The Cons Of Using Ionos Hosting
We don’t have any issue with IONOS hosting.
We love that IONOS offers a range of feature-packed plans for different budgets. Scalability is even easier. These aspects make IONOS an exceptional hosting provider. IONOS appeals to beginners and small-scale businesses with low budgets, and it also offers feature-packed hosting solutions at relatively affordable prices.
With IONOS you get fast loading speed, better security, frequent backups, and crucial tools that can help grow your business. Give it a try!
Now that you are looking to have a successful online presence, the first step should be getting reliable web hosting for your website. Take a look at this HostDime hosting review to see if the company is a smart option for you.
But before that, it is also important to be sure of what you are looking for because every web host out there promises to offer the best services ever. Truth be told, most people are always chasing after cheap prices while overlooking crucial stuff like uptime, loading times, site security, and all that.
Thankfully, HostDime will offer you high-quality hosting at very affordable prices. Let’s see what it has to offer.
WHAT MAKES HOSTDIME HOSTING DIFFERENT?
HostDime was founded by Vivar Manny in Florida, United States back in 2001. With increase in the number of its servers, the company deemed it necessary to establish a fully-fledged data center. In December 2003, HostDime became a proud owner of a high-tech data center.
As per their website, HostDime mainly focuses on delivering managed cloud web hosting and tools to help individuals and businesses make the most out of their online availability. HostDime has its selling points and drawbacks, too.
You will love the company for its transparent and affordable pricing, high uptime, and top-notch customer service. On the other hand, you will hate their strict money-back policy. We will look at all that in the list of pros and cons below.
SPEED: 920 ms (November 2019 to November 2020 average)
UPTIME: 99.99% (November 2019 to November 2020 average)
SUPPORT: live chat, email, phone line
APPS: Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, PHP, Zen Cart, and other popular apps
FEATURES: Softaculous website builder
Remote site backups
CDN and Cloud Accelerator
Activity monitoring and web stats
One-click app installs
24/7 tech support
PLANS: Dedicated server hosting
SITE TRANSFER: Free site transfers within the first month of signing up
1. Reliable uptime The first thing you will notice during signup is that HostDime does not mess around when it comes to performance. They promise an uptime of 99.99% and above per month, and they know too well that they have no other option but to deliver what they promise.
So, several things will let you know much they value performance. For example, they will refund your money if you get anything below 99.99%.
The refund scale is as follows:
95% to 99.98% – refund of 10% of your monthly payment
90% to 94.9% – refund of 25% of your monthly payment
89.99% and below- full refund of your monthly payment
That aside, the company has put in place several measures to ensure that your site remains up and running throughout.
To begin with, their real-time monitoring system helps them to get live updates about how your server is fairing. This system is popularly known as Synapse. That said, you can expect the tech support at HostDime to rectify issues even before you notice them.
2. Impressive loading times Besides a high uptime guarantee, HostDime features fast page loading times. On average, most HostDime-hosted sites display results within 920 ms.
What is the trick behind this? You may wonder.
Well, HostDime boasts the largest data center in the southeast US. What this implies is that the company has excellent network credentials. Additionally, the web host partners with highly-reputed Tier-1 carriers including NTT Communications and Cogent to deliver stellar connection speeds and bandwidth.
3. Helpful customer support Each of HostDime’s data centers is fully equipped, complete with round-the-clock tech support. You can easily contact them by means of live chat, telephone, and email – the choice is yours.
Remember, you will only need to enter a few details to be able to link up with a customer support representative.
We should also mention that HostDime’s website and blog section are two areas from which you can easily find useful information and answers to some of the concerns you may be having.
Better still, HostDime also has a few self-help options. We are talking about FAQS, manuals, guides, and video tutorials. There is the customer community, where you can ask questions and help from both HostDime staff and your fellow customers.
4. Top-class security Another benefit of HostDime hosting is the security features that it offers at an additional cost.
HostDime provides DDoS protection to all users. This comes in three different types: traffic scrubbing, NETSCOUT’s mitigation, and Cloud Protection.
The NETSCOUT’s filtering helps guard sites against unusually high or irregular traffic. Cloud protection is a hybrid system that provides real-time site monitoring of all sites.
You can also purchase an SSL certificate from HostDime. One advantage of SSL is that it authenticates your website and assures your visitors that your site is safe.
5. Easy-to-use dashboard HostDime features an intuitive and very easy cPanel that allows users to painlessly manage all the aspects of their hosting.
The cPanel dashboard displays useful information like bandwidth graphs, billing information, affiliate program, server performance, and licenses management.
The Cons Of Using HostDime Hosting
While we have many good things to say as far as HostDime is concerned, we don’t like their strict money-back guarantee. Some users won’t even notice a fall of uptime, so there’s no provision to cater to such possibilities.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the most popular hosting plans offered by HostDime.
You can also choose from a range of other plans including Quad-core dedicated servers, managed VPS, Colocation packages, among others.
Do we recommend HostDime? Yes. Though, it is not a smart option for beginners or small businesses. As you can see, most of the plans are made for customers with complex IT needs and big budgets.
Generally, HostDime is a professional web hosting provider. Their refund policy is sneaky but that doesn’t reduce the web host to an ordinary hosting provider.
Are you a beginner or a small business looking for reasonably good hosting at an affordable price? This FastHosts hosting review will help you decide whether FastHosts is an option worthy of your consideration or not.
But before that, what exactly are you looking for in a web hosting service? Quality features? Or is it just cheap pricing?
Well, no matter what you are looking for, FastHosts hosting has got you covered. They offer stellar uptime and site performance along with other essential tools you need to take your business online. For example, they have some hosting plans that cost as little as £1.99 a month!
Is FastHosts any better? Take a look at all the details you should consider before signing up with the web host.
FASTHOSTS HOSTING OVERVIEW
FastHosts is the brand name of FastHosts Internet Limited, a company that was founded in the United Kingdom back in 1999. The main goal of the company was to offer individuals and businesses the hosting solutions they need to build, manage, and control their online availability – and they have lived up to that dream.
Currently, FastHosts is one of the best web hosting providers in the world and especially in the UK where the company has a large customer base. You will agree that powering 1.4 million+ domains and 411,000+ email accounts is not a walk in the park, right? That’s FastHosts for you.
So, why should you choose FastHosts hosting over other web hosts? First off, FastHosts has been praised for its easy-to-use, intuitive cPanel. Then, all plans come with security features like SSL, security patches, and regular software updates.
Let’s explore other details below.
SPEED: 1.2 s (January 2020 to June 2020 average)
UPTIME: 99.90% (January 2020 to June 2020 average)
FEATURES: Unlimited bandwidth
Free domain for the first year
Round-clock tech support
SSL certificates and other security tools
One-click app installs
PLANS: Shared web hosting
SITE TRANSFER: Free domain transfers into and out of FastHosts
1. Reliable uptime guarantee Why should uptime matter, anyway? Well, the uptime score of your site is basically how long your site will remain up and running within a set period of time. What this means is that if your hosting provider guarantees high uptime, then your site will be live throughout the year, or with a few hours of downtime in the least.
FastHosts gives an uptime guarantee of 99.9%, which is not badly off. But, how does it achieve that?
To begin with, the company has high-grade servers and data centers in place. Secondly, the company is just a small hosting provider with a smaller clientele when compared to the top leaders in the web hosting industry.
That means their promise to deliver the best uptime may be a reality for its customers.
2. Cheap pricing FastHosts provides very cheap hosting packages with its most basic plan –Ignite plan- priced at £2.50 per month.
This plan comes with plenty of useful features including 10GB storage space, unmetered bandwidth, two databases, and SEO tools.
Also, the web host accepts both credit card and PayPal payments.
3. Novice-friendly user interface Signing up for a FastHosts account is pretty easy. You will be required to key in your full name and email address (also your username), and a passcode.
After account verification via email, you will then be redirected to the platform’s classic dashboard. We should say that the dashboard you will find is a far cry from a conventional cPanel.
Everything at FastHosts is pretty straightforward.
4. Easy app installations While most hosting services have quick app installs for WordPress and other apps, FastHosts goes the extra mile to install one automatically for users who opt for WordPress hosting.
If you are a total beginner, such features will come in handy to make your journey easier.
5. Quick customer support If you encounter a problem with FastHosts hosting, you can reach out to the company’s expert tech support, easily and quickly.
The telephone support line is available 24/7/365 and the live chat feature is usually active between 9 a.m to 8 p.m during weekdays. If you choose the ticket support approach, it’s still helpful.
From other online reviews, most users who tried those three methods found FastHosts’ s customer support responsive, helpful, and informed.
6. Security and site backups FastHosts know very well that domain security and customer privacy are not to be taken for granted. The company is laser-focused on the two aspects that you may think that they are a Fort Knox in the making.
FastHosts is ISO 27001 certified, which means that it is recognized for its top-grade security, privacy, and redundancy.
Also, the hosting service utilizes a server pooling framework to help guard users against DDoS attacks. From your end, it is also vitally important to manually perform site backups. Better yet, you can make use of an auto-backup plugin.
7. Money-back guarantee To cater to the unavailability of auto-backups and other things that can cause customer dissatisfaction, FastHosts offers a user the option to cancel an account and seek a refund.
If you happen to change your mind within the first 30 days, you can simply opt-out of the service and still get a refund of your money.
The Cons Of Using FastHosts Hosting
The most basic plan doesn’t provide an SSL certificate.
To be fair, FastHosts is an above-average hosting provider that can give you the most value for a few bucks. Pay attention to its feature-rich hosting plans and relatively affordable prices.
Also, the service is 100% run by renewable energy.
We hereby recommend FastHosts for all your hosting needs.
Are you looking to create and maintain a fruitful online presence? If yes, then this HostPapa hosting review will come in handy when you finally sit down to make a decision on which hosting service to opt for.
Before anything else, what do you look for when choosing the right hosting provider for your website? For some, affordability is all that matters. However, it is also true that most people tend to overlook critical aspects like uptime guarantee, page loading speed, security, and all that.
This is not to mean that cheap is bad. In fact, some companies offer a whole lot of useful features at very cheap rates. One such company is HostPapa.
So, what is HostPapa all about? We will tackle that in a moment. Read on.
WHAT MAKES HOSTPAPA HOSTING DIFFERENT?
HostPapa was founded by Jamie Opalchuk in Canada back in 2006. Since then, the company has grown tremendously. As we speak, HostPapa powers 500,000+ domains worldwide, which we find impressive considering that it has been around for only a few years.
The company excels at many things. For instance, they offer high-value, affordable website hosting solutions to individuals, businesses, organizations, and other entities in between.
Their solid reputation is further cemented by their dedication to making the world a greener, better place. In fact, HostPapa prides itself as one of the first web hosting companies to fully embrace green energy in their operations.
In other words, guaranteed uptime, round-the-clock customer support, high-grade servers, security, reliability, and HostPapa mean the same thing.
SPEED: 550 ms (May 2020 to July 2020 average)
UPTIME: 99.98% (May 2020 to July 2020 average)
SUPPORT: Knowledge base, video tutorials, support ticket, and one-on-one customer support via 24/7 live chat, email, and phone.
APPS: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, among other CMSs and e-commerce systems
FEATURES: Unlimited storage
Free domain name and setup
Quick app installs
Free SSL certificates
SSD drives-run servers
Content Delivery Network (CDN)
SEO marketing tools
Web analytics and stats
Multilingual customer support
1. Excellent uptime With HostPapa hosting, downtime is not something you should be worried about. The company boasts very powerful servers that are overly stable to keep all domains up and running throughout the year.
Most users have reported over 99.98% uptime, and data from HostPapa also supports this.
2. Fast loading times Apart from superb uptime, the loading speed with HostPapa hosting is also on a whole new level. By this we mean that the web host performs better as compared to most of its competitors.
As you will realize, most sites that are hosted at HostPapa exhibit page loading speeds of 550 milliseconds on average. While this is not the best speed in the industry, it’s still not badly off.
Since the web host is always improving its system infrastructure, we should hope that they will offer even better speeds in the near future.
3. Top-class security No matter the hosting plan you choose, you should pay keen attention to the security of your website. Attackers are on the loose and we cannot overlook that fact.
But that shouldn’t give you sleepless nights because HostPapa’s domain security is second to none.
Besides free SSL certificates, all hosting plans from HostPapa come with a server firewall, real-time monitoring, intruder detection, and Panda anti-spam tool.
Additionally, the company performs regular automatic site backups to help salvage data files even in the worst-case scenario. We cannot underestimate such efforts.
4. Helpful 24/7 customer support Truth be told, the customer support at HostPapa is stellar. The fellows there are not your ordinary customer care representatives.
Catch a glimpse of what they offer users:
Knowledge base. This platform is rich in knowledge and there is no doubt that it has almost all solutions to the problems that anyone will ever encounter while hosting with HostPapa.
24/7 live chat. If you opt for this route, you will get to seek help from customer support in real-time. As usual, you should never expect complex jargon and long explanations from HostPapa.
Better yet, you can email or call them and they will be ready to help you out. Or you can open a ticket or check updates of existing ones.
5. Tools for beginners and small businesses Recall when we mentioned somewhere that HostPapa caters to the needs of everyone? Well, no matter the size of your business, HostPapa has got you covered.
Talk of SEO tools, cheap domain names and custom emails, site builder, site backups, SSL, CDN, among other useful tools. Keep in mind that you get all that for as low as $3.95 per month!
6. Easy user interface First off, building a website from scratch has never been this easy, thanks to HostPapa’s drag-and-drop website builder.
Next, you can easily customize your site to make it more functional and appealing.
Additionally, you don’t need to know a lick of tech jargon to navigate the cPanel. Everything is pretty easy and straightforward.
7. Eco-friendly As we said earlier, HostPapa fully relies on green energy to run its operations. The company advocates for alternative forms of fuels like solar and wind energy.
The Cons Of Using HostPapa Hosting
Save for the high renewal rates, we have not seen any other drawback with HostPapa hosting.
Now, if you are looking to get more value for less money, HostPapa is your go-to hosting provider. The web hosts offer decent products with great features. For example, the most basic hosting option will give you two websites!
That side, HostPapa hosting also ticks other boxes including reliable uptime and page loading speed. Generally, HostPapa hosting is ideal for everyone, and especially beginners and small businesses with low budgets.
If you are planning to create a website, – maybe for your business or for sharing ideas – this iPower hosting review is for you.
But, is it even possible to choose the right web host for your website when every company out there is claiming to offer the best services? You will agree that it can be a tough undertaking, right?
As far as we are concerned, every company has something unique to offer. You see, what may be “best” for you might be bad for someone else. So, what aspects should you look at when choosing a hosting provider? Is it price or functionality?
Is it bandwidth limits and storage space? Well, if such decisions place you between a rock and a hard place, then you may need to take a closer look at what iPower has to offer. The company is pretty straightforward, affordable, and eco-friendly.
IPOWER HOSTING OVERVIEW
iPower was founded by Gorny Tomas back in 2001. As we speak, the company is now the power that runs 1 million+ domains for individuals and businesses from across the globe.
There is no doubt that you may have come across lots of mixed reviews about iPower, some that left you more confused. One thing you should know is that when it comes to web hosting, no company can be said to be perfect.
That said, we have a lot of good things to say about iPower hosting. For example, the company fully relies on green energy to run all its activities. Additionally, the company is well-known for its cheap feature-rich hosting solutions.
If you sign up with a company and realize that it is not your cup of tea, then its 30-day money-back guarantee will allow you to cancel your account and seek a refund. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. We are going to explore other facts and details you should be aware of before choosing to host with them. Read on.
SPEED: 948 ms (July 2020 to November 2020 average)
UPTIME: 99.99% (July 2020 to November 2020 average)
SUPPORT: Postal mail, telephone line, 24/7 live chats, and online forms submissions
APPS: Drupal, WordPress, Magento, CMSs, and eCommerce apps.
FEATURES: Bandwidth limits
CM4all website builder
Custom domain names
Lots of storage space
Anti-spam and other email features
FTP and other hosting utilities
Marketing and promotions
PLANS: Shared hosting
Dedicated server hosting
1. Cheap pricing We can authoritatively say that iPower is one of the best low-budget hosting providers under the sun. Yes, the company may not be the best web host but then, its cheap rates for feature-filled plans make it stand out from the rest.
If you are just starting out and have budget constraints, iPower could be a smart option for you.
2. Easy cPanel When it comes to cPanel and user dashboard, iPower does things differently. On visiting their website, you will be greeted with a very classic, intuitive navigation panel. Everything is clearly labeled to help guide those who are not familiar with the site.
It is true to say that iPower’s whole system was developed with beginners in mind.
3. Reliable uptime and fast loading times According to their website, iPower offers a superb uptime guarantee of 100%. Other users have reported 99.99%, but it’s still fine.
When it comes to site loading speed, iPower’s one of the best. Most websites hosted on iPower take an average of 948 ms to display results. All in all, that is not a bad score.
4. Above-average security Each of iPower’s hosting plans comes with a MySQL database. This, coupled with regular site backups offers all users the extra security and protection that they need for their website’s content.
Yet another key benefit of iPower hosting is the free SSL certificates. You also know that not many site visitors will stick around a site without HTTPS protocol, right? iPower’s SSL certificates complement the efforts by search engines to flag down insecure sites.
5. Excellent customer support One characteristic of a reliable web hosting service is responsive, helpful customer support. With signing up with iPower, you can rest assured you will get tech support anytime you need it. That is made possible courtesy of their 24/7 live chat feature.
If you don’t want to engage the customer support through the live chat, you can still scour their knowledge base for answers. Or you call them via their phone line.
6. Free site transfers Yes, you don’t have to pay even a single buck to move your site to iPower.
7. Great value for money Considering all the good things that iPower offers, we feel that it is truly a good option for everyone. Besides offering cheap hosting plans at very cheap rates, they also offer other useful features that can make your website more appealing and functional.
The Cons Of Using iPower Hosting
The most basic plan comes with only one email
As we had said earlier, iPower offers other hosting solutions like WordPress hosting, VPS, and dedicated servers.
DEDICATED SERVER HOSTING
iPower hosting ticks so many boxes when it comes to web hosting. Talk of excellent hosting with such features as fast loading speed, high uptime guarantee, top-notch security and domain privacy, easy dashboard, and responsive tech support, all for a cheap rate.
We feel that iPower is a smart option for everyone.