What is a good conversion rate for my landing page?
If you knew the answer to this question, you could get more out of every optimization dollar you spend. Armed with this one “little” data point, you could double down on pages with lots of growth potential or confidently switch gears to focus on other projects because you know your page is performing well.
But here’s the problem:
- Companies in different industries use a wide range of landing page copy, traffic generation strategies and product offers. Because of this, average conversion rates across industries vary dramatically.
- This one “little” data point isn’t really so “little.” Conversion rate benchmarks are the function of a ton of variables, requiring access to hordes of data (not to mention people with the skills to mine and interpret that data).
Scientifically grounded answers to, “What is a good conversion rate?” just haven’t been available… until now.
For 10 popular industries, we’ll share:
- An overview of average conversion rates per industry (the graph on the left).
- A summary of how marketers in that industry are performing (right):
- Industry-specific copy recommendations from our team of data scientists and conversion marketing experts (who have interpreted the data in the report for you). For each industry, we explore how the following factors could be impacting your conversion rates:
- Reading ease
- Page length
- Emotion and sentiment
Our goal isn’t just to help you answer the question, “What is a good conversion rate for my landing page?”
Our goal is to eliminate some of the guesswork so you can build higher-converting landing pages, better prioritize your work and get back to the strategy and creativity that drives your business.
Questions or comments about the report? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
~ Albert Einstein